"The LORD will always guide you and provide good things to eat when you are in the desert. He will make you healthy. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water or like a stream that never runs dry." Isaiah 58:10-12


01 February 2006

State of the Union

After a long day at work, I sped home last night to watch President Bush's "State of the Union" address. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was looking forward to hearing what he would have to say about the current state of life in these United States. For those of you that were not privileged to hear his speech, the President's main topics were a renewed emphasis on developing non-oil-based or "alternative" fuel sources for home and automobile, Social Security and the continued impending crisis, taxes and the War on Terror. What I really want to know is "how is this going to affect the average Joe? Namely, me?" I am of the opinion that many Americans are asking themselves the same thing this morning. If all of these ideas are implemented within the next few years, am I going to be able to afford to buy a car, heat and cool my home, or someday retire?

No comments: