"The LORD will always guide you and provide good things to eat when you are in the desert. He will make you healthy. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water or like a stream that never runs dry." Isaiah 58:10-12


31 May 2010

Back on Track

Yeah, I know. It's been a YEAR since I posted anything; and what a year it's been! There's been sickness, work, gardening, sickness, deaths (friends, not family), doctor visits, sickness, vet visits, work, travel, ministry, sickness, well ... you get the idea. All of this translates to not much time for blogging!

I hope to make this year different. Not that I think this little blog is such an outstanding example of literary excellence that readers are waiting with bated breath for every entry, but it IS a good method of chronicling things that are going on in my garden, my life and (sometimes) my community.

One of the excellent developments of this year was my discovery of a fascinating small nursery in the Greater Greenville/Upstate area. This is Mountainview Farm, located in Pickens, SC. If you're interested in perusing massive numbers of plants in airconditioned indoor splendour, you won't find it there. Conversely, if you like to browse through a nice variety of local plants and a decent selection of "famous" species in a beautiful gorgeous mountain setting and to talk with two fascinating ladies who enjoy what they're doing, Mountainview is the place for you!

On my last visit, I picked up some lovely coneflowers (echinacea purpureea) at a very reasonable price, as well as a gracious plenty of stevia seeds (stevia rebaudiana). Speaking of seeds, I've got a few that need to be started and a mild, rainy day such as this is perfect for sitting on the porch and potting plants!

No comments: