"The LORD will always guide you and provide good things to eat when you are in the desert. He will make you healthy. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water or like a stream that never runs dry." Isaiah 58:10-12


28 November 2011

Blood, football and comfy couches



28th: Today I'm thankful for blood. That's it, blood -  the human kind. I spent several hours at my local Blood Connection donation center, doing aphoresis platelet donation. I had the time to think about how wonderful it is that God created us with this amazing fluid inside our bodies that is so incredibly complex and does so much to keep our bodies going and healthy. It also amazes me that there are doctors, nurses and other medical personnel who know how to take blood out of one person, separate it into its parts and put some parts back into the donor, but keep other parts to put into other people to help heal them. Awesome!

27th: Today I'm thankful for comfortable couches. It's Sunday afternoon and I'm at home relaxing with my two furry kitty boys! Need I say more?

26th: Today I'm thankful for my eyes and my sense of vision. There are many things in the world that can be experienced and enjoyed with the other senses, but I truly enjoyed being able to watch as both of my favorite college football teams trounced their arch-rivals today!

No comments: