"The LORD will always guide you and provide good things to eat when you are in the desert. He will make you healthy. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water or like a stream that never runs dry." Isaiah 58:10-12


25 November 2011

Saucy Wrens and Scrawny plants

I finally had the time yesterday to plant the Violas, Peppermint and Stevia plants that I purchased more than a week ago. I'm going to have to work extra hard to make sure that they survive, since it took me so long to get them in the soil. I think I'll have to put some extra effort (and fertilizer) into the Stevia - it's looking a bit scrawny and sickly right now. Guess it will put my green thumb to the test! We'll see.....

Wow! I knew I was a bit behind in my list, but didn't realize I was THAT behind! Here's the update:
25th: I'm thankful for all of the beautiful songbirds that visit my garden and porch. Thus far this week, I've seen Tufted Titmice, Blackcap Chickadees, several varieties of finches, Catbirds and some very adventurous and saucy Carolina Wrens!
24th: I'm thankful that I have a mother and two grandmothers who are/were excellent cooks and taught me and my sisters to cook, as well!
23rd: I'm thankful for God's financial provision. I may not have all that I want, but I DO have all that I need.
22nd: I'm thankful that God created such a wondrous array of vegetables, fruits, herbs and other plants and that He gave me the ability to plant and grow them.
21st: I'm thankful for my country, the USA, a nation that was founded on the principle of freedom OF religion - not freedom FROM religion.
20th: I'm thankful for the group of single adults at my church who are striving to know and serve God.
19th: I'm thankful for God's protection of all our college football players today. Big game, no injuries.
18th: I'm thankful for the generosity of family members in helping me get a more reliable vehicle.
17th: I'm thankful for my coworkers and their generosity with "pre-Thanksgiving" cooking.



 

No comments: